Subject: Re: apache/php "accepting" on thin air?
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/2000 23:04:37
On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Thilo Manske wrote:

: BTW: I think there are some "issues" with apache and loading of modules,
: at least on current/i386:

: For quite some time now, I can't load more than one module at once into
: apache (various versions, pkg and selfcompiled). I.e.:

: * Having two LoadModule lines -> coredump. (in my case modssl+php)

mod_ssl is a special case, requiring external libraries.  There may be an
ELFism there, but I could've sworn I tested that on Alpha many moons ago.

: * Having one, starting apache, adding the second one,
:   doing a gracefull restart (apachectl -graceful) -> works.
:   (And then: Stoping & starting Apache -> coredump.)

Because the shared objects may be confusing ld.elf_so, Apache, or both,
depending on how they're dlopen()ed.

: There's already a similar PR on that (#8905).

Sigh, I'll look at this sometime, in my ant's-mound of Stuff To Do.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)