Subject: Re: No general questions list?
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/30/1999 20:15:02
Hello...

Just as another data point: I am running vgetty with my ZyXEL Elite 2864ID
as an answering machine now for over a year without major problems. A few times
there were empty messages, but those are probably explainable with callers
who hear the text and then decide to hang up. And a hint to whoever is going
to use it: If you built and installed a new kernel: Reboot! Don't continue
running vgetty as this succeeded to hang my system completely several times.

As far as DTMF etc. is concerned: I think I saw support for those things in
vgetty as well, but haven't used any of that (yet?). Any reports of successes
or failures would be appreciated.

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)