Subject: Re: Answer to "which echo.c"
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1999 22:30:33
On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 06:21:20PM -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > Definitely style. Here's a gross example:
>
> Gross is right. Recursive calling of main() is discouraged by more recent
> drafts of ANSI C, as it is not C++ friendly.

Let alone issues like not being able to do bottom up recursion,
since there would be no way to recognize the top level and
have a return() or an exit().

Mike Pelley also pointed out that just because our crt0 calls
exit(), doesn't mean that you can expect every other C
environment to do so. (And NetBSD normally encourages portability :-)

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me