Subject: PiNT no more (Was Re: aic at isa broken in current?)
To: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/1999 17:21:06
Feico Dillema wrote :
> and it is i386 specific or at least little-endian specific

I did use it with an HP Scanjet 4P on a Sparc quite successfully before I
discovered SANE ...

Roger Brooks wrote:
> Hang on a minute!  I have a Mustek scanner which uses the ss driver.
> Or are you saying that SANE can also handle all the supported scanners
> through the uk driver?

I initially thought it would be better just to comment it out.  However,
perhaps it should go before 1.5.  All the scanners that it supports (a
few HP and Mustek) are supported by SANE (see :

  http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html

) so there doesn't seem to be any real reason to keep it.

                         Of course it runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/