Subject: Re: offtopic: kbd doesnt respond on 1.4.1/i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1999 10:13:13
In article <3.0.32.19991115190024.02d96540@mail.vt.edu>,
	nm <nmanisca@vt.edu> writes:
> I have a 486 motherboard with an AMD 5x86 chip on it.  I recently
> installed 1.4.1 on it and the install went smoothly (GREAT install
> by the way!).  When the system reboots (booting up for the first
> time) I do not notice anything strange except that when the login:
> appears they keyboard is totally unresponsive :(  It is an AT style
> keyboard port.

I've encountered the same problem with 1.4.1's and current's installation
floppy (kernel *without* PS/2 mouse driver) on a Pentium system with an
ASUS T2P4 (Intel HX chipset). The strange thing is that exactly the same
floppy disks works fine on another system with exactly the same motherboard.

I wonder if it could be related to the keyboard switch to which the failing
box is connected.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                            http://www.sighardstrasse.de/~tron/