Subject: NE2000 PCI ethernet card
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/1999 14:46:53
I have a Macronix MX987x5 10/100 ethernet card that's not quite
working.  It claims to be NE2000 compatible, so I added an entry for
it in if_ne_pci.c.  I believe my problem at this point is figuring out
what to put in for the card initializing function, but I could
certainly be wrong.

ne0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: Macronix MX987x5 Ethernet
ne0: where did the card go?
ne0: interrupting at irq 10

The second line is from ne2000_attach in dev/ic/ne2000.c, when it
tries to run ne2000_detect a second time.

Any ideas on what I should try?  Maybe getting a list of the chips on
the card would be helpful?  Or docs from the manufacturer?

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu