Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1999 15:35:03
On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 12:55:10AM -0700, Brian D Chase wrote:

Couldn't resist...

> > Would it be a waste of time just to rewrite it because of modula-3 ?
>   Let `n' equal the number of NetBSD platforms interested in running
>   CVSup.

   if ( `n' * `The effort to port Modula-3 to a new architecture'
        > `The effort to port CVSup to C one time'  && 'The effort
	to port CVSUP to C one time' > 'The effort to write an M3->
	Converter' ) {
	Do the M3 -> C converter.   (See a2c, f2c, p2c.) }
   else
   if ( `n' * `The effort to port Modula-3 to a new architecture'
        > `The effort to port CVSup to C one time' ) {
       Do the port to C.
   }
   else {
       Port Modula-3 to `n' platforms.
   }

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,