Subject: Re: softdep?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1999 12:49:39
At 07:54 AM 3/25/99 -0500, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 12:04:05AM -0600, Brian C. Grayson wrote:
>
>> Look at the SEE ALSO section for mount_lfs -- it gives
>> references for some Ousterhout and Seltzer papers (4 total).
>> The McKusick book also discusses the in-tree version (modulo all
>> the recent changes) in some detail.
>
>Hm. I guess I'll look for online versions of these... If you have any
>pointers to electric versions, they'd be appreciated.

The two people probably most relevant to this discussion would be John
Heidemann who's PhD was on stacking file systems (he wrote the stackable file
code that went into 4.4) and Margo Seltzer who has done a number of papers on
LFS.  John's papers page is http://nii.isi.edu/people/johnh/PAPERS/index.html
and Margo's papers page is http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~margo/papers/ using
these papers pages you should be able to either get the pages or get sufficient
information to be able to get them quickly at your local university library.
--------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@ChrisBowman.com
http://www.ChrisBowman.com/