Subject: Re: Suggestion: keep binary data out of /etc
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Andrew Brown <twofsonet@graffiti.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1999 23:34:37
>I also have a genericstable.db and virtusertable.db on a couple of
>machines. To move those would require our sendmail build to diverge
>sharply from other Un*xen.

i also.  and an access.db as well.  but you could simply add

   define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')

to your .mc file.  that "almost" works, but for

   m4 ../m4/cf.m4 your.mc > your.cf

which includes cfhead.m4 before your file, which is where ALIAS_FILE
(and confCW_FILE and confCR_FILE, although the latter of the two
doesn't seem to have the same problem (i won't pretend to completely
understand m4 (just enough to amuse my friends))) get defined.  but
doing

   define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/mail/aliases')

doesn't quite work, so you'd still have to hack the .cf file to
completely switch over to /etc/mail.  which does have a "certain"
appeal once you start adding all the cool features and the associated
file pairs.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|