Subject: Re: make(1) feature request: $<
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/1999 13:29:53
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> typed:
:It seems our make doesn't support $< as synonym for ${.ALLSRC}.
:There is a number of (free) software out there that utilizes this feature,
:which is provided by GNU make. Having this also in our make(1) would help
:a bit. Thanks!

Huh?  Sure it supports $< but it's not a synonym for ${.ALLSRC} and it's
not supposed to be.  RTFM make(1):

    Local variables
    [....]
	.ALLSRC   The list of all sources for this target; also known as
	          `>'.
    [....]
	.IMPSRC   The name/path of the source from which the target is to
	          be transformed (the ``implied'' source); also known as
		  `<'.

Can you give an example of it failing to work?
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/