Subject: Re: Linux support still broken in -current?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 00:03:19
On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 10:13:15AM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:

> They work fine for me. Could you give some more information on how exactly
> they fail?

Hi again.

I just rebuilt another kernel today, and got the following from Quake II with
it:

ac /home/mason$ quake2Added packfile ./baseq2/pak0.pak (3307 files)Added packfile ./baseq2/pak2.pak (42 files)execing default.cfgexecing config.cfg
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------
sound sampling rate: 11025
setting mode 1: 400 300
recursive shutdownError: VID: Could not get any shared memory

Now, I haven't reinstalled my Linux compatibility libs any time recently,
and I don't have the linux_SuSE compatibility package installed. Has some-
thing changed here that might be causing a problem?

Thanks in advance for clues...

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments