Subject: Reoccuring kernel build problems.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1998 07:52:10
Greets.

I have a reoccuring problem which occurs when I try to build a kernel after
doing a sup. I do the following...

1) do a make clean in /usr/src
2) Get the sup
3) make build  (all compiles ok)
4) Reboot the machine.
5) go to /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf and copied GENERIC to NELGIN
6) did config NELGIN
7) cd ../compile/NELGIN and then make depend && make

Everything seems to go find until the link at the end...

ld -z -Ttext F0100000 -e start -X -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
if_ethersubr.o: Undefined symbol `_looutput' referenced from text segment
if_arp.o: Undefined symbol `_loif' referenced from text segment
ip_output.o: Undefined symbol `_looutput' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

As far as my network goes, I only have the isapnp ne* in there.

Am I missing a stage which I should be doing? It really is a pain!

TIA
Nigel