Subject: ipfilter + logging crash in netbsd-1-3 branch
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1998 11:13:11
This isn't strictly a -current issue, but I think the code on the netbsd-1-3
branch matches -current in the ipfilter code.

In any case, I'm getting panic "panic: m_copydata, m = 0, len > 0"
with this trace:

#0  0x4 in ?? ()
#1  0xf019bb0b in cpu_reboot ()
#2  0xf011d235 in panic ()
#3  0xf01283e8 in m_copydata ()
#4  0xf015071d in ipllog ()
#5  0xf01505d6 in ipflog ()
#6  0xf014e2a8 in fr_check ()
#7  0xf0143e46 in ipintr ()

I don't have a symbol table until next crash.  :/

The panic message is changed slightly, but it is the m = 0 , len > 0
case in m_copydata() -- I changed the messages so I could tell in the
panic string _which_ panic() was hit.

In any case, m_copydata() is called from around line 343 in
netinet/ip_log.c.

Has anyone else seen this on a machine that logs a lot of data from the
ip filter?

--Michael