Subject: FTP and subdirectories
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1998 11:26:08
Using the new super duper (and fun!) FTP program, I wanted to download a
bunch of files from a remote site in various subdirectories, similar to
cp -R.  If I type mget *, the ftp program gets everything in the current
dir, then proceeds to go into each of the subdirectories and attempt to
retrieve the files inside.  Unfortunately, it then dies if the subdirectory
does not exist on my machine.

So my question is, would it be reasonable to add functionality to FTP so
that it creates directories locally when retrieving files in the form of
'dir/file'?

Mike.