Subject: Re: Updating to egcs
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1998 13:56:03
On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Paul Goyette wrote:

: I'm on both mac68k and i386.  I did the sup yesterday on each system (I
: got lots of disk space, so I got 2 copies of the whole source tree), and
: both sups got the same source file.  It's at line 1587:

This is something new to -current, and I didn't catch it the first time,
apparently.  The define exists, and the source file is correct:  RTLD_GLOBAL
(without the underscore) is listed in <dlfcn.h> in -current.  Yes, that
means this is a chicken-and-egg problem, but you can install the new dlfcn.h
without worrying, as the RTLD_GLOBAL option is new.

I'll add this to my upgrade-to-current instructions now in work.  For now,
manually install /usr/src/include/dlfcn.h into /usr/include before
rebuilding ld.