Subject: Re: presto support?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1998 15:55:07
>> Look- all it really does is take write buffers that aren't marked B_ASYNC
>> and stashes the data in persistent storage and biodones those buffers.
>> Nothing eally afancy.

>Don't forget the post-crash cleanup process...

This is essential. It would be nice to support multibooting NetBSD and
vendor OSes on the box with PrestoServe, which pins both the format
used in the NVRAM and the postcrash recovery protocol.

Considering only the 3MAX and 3MAXPLUS we have a good chance of
figuring out where the NVRAM state bits are from the PROM and the 4BSD
info; but that doesnt help with the data structures in the NVRAM.
(read: ``send me one and we'll see.';) No clue about SBus or PCI cards.