Subject: Re: ISDN + NAT/Router
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1997 08:16:55
--==_Exmh_641687764P

In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.971202110826.6637A-100000@dream.future.net>you write:
> What is the easiest route to use ISDN with a NetBSD NAT Router box?  ISDN
> card or ISDN Router with ethernet port?  I have a few workstations at home
> and I am getting ISDN BRI installed.  i386 is my platform.

The easiest right now is getting a separate router box.

If you can afford to wait some time (no timeline set right now, i.e. probably
1 month to 1 year) you can go waiting for isdn4bsd (former bisdn) or whatever
it will be called then.
If you do some hacking, you can even try to use bisdn right now (or use it
with 1.2.1)
With these you'll need a supported Card, presently only Teles compatibles
work.  next generation bisdn will support more cards, I've heard of one active
AVM card and the USR internal ISDN-TA and a bunch of passive cards.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_641687764P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNIUHZrA63tqjeAhZAQGknAP/VsPW1Uf5FiiGnMwn/MqvkwMZVZcrm020
JIqBuW/NKMO8S+0ubsDNKBRHgaWcpOCY4asf7JhHWFmxaoWGkbgxMwYpOPE2zm4+
XMVGVfbAPI3rxzRvbTFVg94uPTHDEQ7cI+6zstS9qP0buftLqL6E/LouOcMknmKB
BRr63IwcbDw=
=f6Eu
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_641687764P--