Subject: Re: proposal: NetBSD system buyer's directory
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1997 10:30:15
>Don't we automagically fuss w/ /etc/motd (or has it been too long since I
>looked)? If so, then wouldn't we need some way of dealing w/ re-generating
>the message? That auto-regeneration is what I was thinking of being able
>to control. If we don't automagically re-gen /etc/motd (with that
>message), then just ignore my comment. :-)

so, it still gets mucked with at boot time, but only to change the
kernel line at the top.  i don't know if it ever did anything else.

i don't think the "please register" message should be automatically
removed, though.  how would rc "decide" when to remove it?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet