Subject: Re: How-To and history of docs
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1997 13:37:51
Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  How am I supposed to read documents in /usr/share/doc/* ?

I believe that you do a 'make' and then print out the resulting
postscript, although there might be a way to create a text version of
them, but I don't know enough about the text tools to say for sure.

>  Where do those files come from, who wrote them, and why do we miss
> some of those files from BSD-lite ?

I believe that they are part of the original 4.4 lite distribution, and
the ones we don't have probably either don't apply to NetBSD or else have
licensing restrictions which are unacceptable to the NetBSD Project
(however, I suppose you'd have to ask core for the authoritative answer,
Jason?)

Later.