Subject: Re: "cannot lock mailbox"...
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1997 09:08:43
On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 23:09:29 +1000
 matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> wrote:

 > 	/var/mail/mrg/Mailbox
 > 	/var/mail/perry/Mailbox
 > 	/var/....

 > the pros of these two methods is that /var/mail/$USER continues to work
 > as previous...  however, all ideas here have the con of "extra work for
 > the system admin" even if it's updating the new user script.

Since sendmail(8) automatically creates the mailbox file if it does not
already exist, all you have to do is teach it how to create the files in
the "default convention", whatever we decide that is.

I like the subdir approach, BTW.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935