Subject: Re: tail argument(s) continue
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/1997 20:08:56
--==_Exmh_808705805P

In message <m0x0TFB-0005ZiC@smtp.fundy.net>you write:
> My point is that just because the functionality is in tail shouldn't exclude
> it from cat. Someone looking for this feature might never think to use tail
> to do this, if they really do want the whole file.

Good point.  So what about adding a section to the cat manual page stating the
use of tail +0f or whatever for getting the 'show me the end of this file,
starting from the beginning of the file and keep showing me as more is added
to it' effect.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_808705805P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBM/iPt7A63tqjeAhZAQEnNAP9GcYJqLNnLy8ftSrKV82C0v4hSddLFvs3
EgDQZZ3QscrmKukdkqzVZbX1wGKCbO4VBVI/f0YpOm+HKL6RofTHgaedMZGTb8X9
2fOssBqFswxs2Hd/E4jGXr/JAW7zhuRz7d8zlVlg8f0odn+jjKHWp1k0gMg7bdT/
h/bPzfNIj0M=
=QeEq
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_808705805P--