Subject: README: changes to vnd driver
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/1997 14:47:31
Hi folks...

I've just committed some changes to the vnd driver.. Here is the log
message:

Add full disklabel and partition support to the vnd driver, allowing much
greater flexibility in its use.  Additionally, add support for "geometry
emulation".  This allows the "geometry" of the "disk" to be specified
at config time, providing near-perfect emulation of disklabel-less floppies,
CD-ROMs, etc., including non-512-byte sectors.  If a geometry is not
specified at config time, a default based on 1M cylinders will be used.

I've beaten on it pretty hard, and it's working fine for me.  I don't
expect anyone to have any problems, but if you do, please file a bug
report with send-pr(1) and I'll attend to it as quickly as possible.

Ciao.