Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.east-arlington.ma.us>
From: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/1997 01:15:32
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

> > True.  However, not all users are created equal, and I am not at all
> > sure I think we want the point-and-drool crowd.
>
> It's also effective at keeping out busy people of clue, and we
> definitely don't want to do that.

Hear, hear!  I have on more than one occasion had friends who I was trying
to sell on NetBSD install RedHat Linux instead because it made it quicker
(easier was not the issue) for them to get to work on what they were
actually building the system _for_.  I am in the process of installing two
production NetBSD/i386 boxes here at CNN, and  am sorry to say that if I
were any more crunched for time, I would probably have chosen FreeBSD instead...

--
				Jim Wise
				Unix Administrator