Subject: Re: procmail[12317]: Out of memory as I tried to allocate 16781357 bytes
To: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1996 18:39:59
On 20 Oct 1996, Christoph Badura wrote:

> Curt Sampson writes:
> >Did you get flock() locking to work? I never could under 1.0 or
> >1.1, and so I'm a bit scared to use procmail. (flock() is the only
> >locking scheme that mail.local uses.)
>
> What do you mean?  In what way doesn't flock() locking work after you
> hardwire it in in LOCKING_TST (or whatever it is called)?

That's the problem. You have to hardwire it; it always fails flock()
in the locking tests.

The same code is used for the tests as in procmail itself, I seem
to recall. If it can't successfully use flock in the tests, why
would it work right in production?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.