Subject: Re: state of CLNP code in NetBSD?
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1996 00:37:46
> > Just out of curiosity, what's the current state of the CLNP code in NetBSD?
> > Is it identical to 4.4-Lite2?  Is it functional in the slightest?
>
> The code has changed quite a bit from 4.4, mostly in keeping up with
> other changes in the kernel.  I've also fixed some rather obvious bugs
> in it.  As far as I know, nobody has ever tried to use it.

"changed quite a bit from 4.4-Lite" you mean.

(1) NetBSD never integrated any 4.4BSD sources (because they were
    not publically available).  You really should always make that
    clear.

(2) There are diffs between the Lite and Lite2 versions of the netiso
    code.  Unless they all came from NetBSD folks (i can see that
    some of them were mine, but i dunno about the rest), then we're
    not up to Lite2 as a "base" for that code, even.

cgd