Subject: Procmail Locking Test Fails
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1996 22:09:41
I'm trying to compile procmail 3.11pre4 under NetBSD. I've tried
it under NetBSD 1.0 on a 386 and NetBSD-current on a sun3, and in
both cases the flock test fails, leading procmail to believe that
it should use fcntl at dot files, but not flock, for mailbox locking.
(This is obviously wrong, since mail.local uses flock to lock the
mailbox file when delivering.

After some perusal of the test code, it appears that it tries to
lock file descriptor zero with mode LOCK_EX. This returns EAGAIN
(or EWOULDBLOCK). This is odd, given that LOCK_NB (to make it
non-blocking) is not specified.

I'd like to give more information on what's going on, but this code
is written in an `interesting' style, and is rather hard to decrypt.

Does anybody know what's going on here?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.