Subject: Re: Config File / Kernel Building
To: None <woods@planix.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/1996 18:06:35
> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 96 14:51:31 -0400 (EDT)
> From: woods@kuma.web.net (Greg A. Woods)

> Yes, I think that would be the best compromise.  If you do wish to
> support such features then indeed I don't have any problem with
> requiring that you upgrade your boot disk labels to the new format.
>
> I have always thought of this compatability code as merely a stop-gap
> measure and a convenience anyway....

You do realize, I hope, that on many machines (including Suns)
there is no choice about the label format on a bootable disk.
This is because the PROM interprets the disklabel.

I think the "typed partitions" are unimportant anyway;
There are lots of ways to blow away a disk, and those
without backups deserve what they get!  (IMHO)

Gordon