Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Greg Hudson <ghudson@mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/1996 14:05:08
> 	2)  those who modify this behavior do so at their own risk
> 	    and knowledge that packages will likely not install
> 	    correctly for them.

So what you're saying is, everyone who didn't like /etc/init.d in the
previous discussion doesn't need to use it, except that things won't
work for them.

Great.

Look, either address all the arguments we made in the previous round
of discussion (/etc/init.d is messy, difficult to understand, uses
alphabetical ordering of symlink names in a manner resembling BASIC
GOTO statements to store configuration information, and does this all
to simplify exactly one operation, when there are plenty of other,
better ways to do that), or don't ressurect the argument at all.