Subject: Re: FYI -- Linux for PowerMac (fwd)
To: None <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Daniel Hagerty <hag@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1996 11:04:43
> Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 08:21:55 -0500
> From: "John F. Woods" <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
>
> It's also possible (though I don't know) that the published information will
> be insufficient, if the Mach port relies on the MacOS running (or Copland or
> some compatability hook).  (I'm specifically wondering how OSF plans to make

	The Mach port is completely seperate from the MacOS. At the
very lowest level, the MacOS is used for booting (basically there's a
system enabler run very early at bootup. If capslock is down, you boot
Mach, otherwise MacOS.) but thats all. No use of the macintosh rom or
anything from MacOS. (I was at the conference)