Subject: Re: NCR Driver Problems
To: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1996 13:43:12
According to Brad Walker:

>No it wouldn't. All I'm saying is the target queries the HBA to
>determine if it can handle the processing of tagged msgs. It it
>can then the target driver hands a cmd to the HBA. Now, if the
>HBA queue of cmds is full. Then it doesn't accept any more. But,
>the HBA takes commands and puts it into a local queue that it
>sends commands out to the SCSI bus from.

You may want to make the use of tagged queuing an optional thing.  If
experience with Suns and some SCSI disks is anything to go by then
some disks which claim to support tagged queuing do not function when
it is enabled - the main hard disk in the machine I am on just drops
off the bus after a while if tagged commands are sent to it.

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.