Subject: Re: BIND 4.9 released
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Matt Ragan <matt@ibmoto.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1996 12:43:27
Randy Terbush wrote:

>FYI - it's out of beta

I've actually got it integrated into my 1.1 sources.  If you want to grab
the sources off of ftp.vix.com (or one of its mirrors), it builds out of
the box for NetBSD, although you have to make two undocumented changes to
the top level Makefile to get shared library support (one of my last-minute
changes got into the distribution, the other didn't).

If anyone wants a tar file with the files that changed from NetBSD 1.1, I'll
send it to them, but since we haven't set up our anonymous FTP server yet
due to time constraints, I can't put it up for FTP.  If someone else would
like to do that, let me know.

Matt Ragan  (matt@ibmoto.com)  Motorola/IBM Somerset PowerPC Design Center
Network Administrator          Systems/Network Engineering  (512) 795-7298
9737 Great Hills Trail         Austin, Tx  78759        FAX (512) 795-7519