Subject: Re: simple example for amd?
To: None <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: David Mazieres <dm@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1996 13:08:18
> Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 03:31:41 -0800
> From: John M Vinopal <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
> Sender: owner-current-users@NetBSD.ORG
>

> I'd like to use amd to mount a file system (/dev/sd0f aka /usr/local)
> on another machine as "/usr/local".
>
> I'm working with a map file of the form:
>
> usr/local	-opts:=rw \
> 		-type:=nfs;rhost:=gabriella;rfs:=/usr/local
>
> but I can't see any data in the amd mounted 'thing'.  Could someone
> provide a simple map file and the amd command line for this problem?
> Thanks.

First, you haven't provided any mount options.  The "-" means use
these as defaults, so you need an entry without a "-".  Also, I think
one "-..." overrides the previous one completely.

So, how about:

usr/local	opts:=rw;type:=nfs;rhost:=gabriella;rfs:=/usr/local

Then run "amd /usr/local /your/map/name -type:=direct".

One word of warning, however.  In NetBSD 1.0, I couldn't get direct
mount points to work for some reason.  I don't know if this has been
fixed or not.

If not, make /usr/local a real symbolic link into an automount
filesystem.

David