Subject: trouble with sockets
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Craig M. Chase <chase@orac.ece.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1996 08:44:51
About once a week I need to reboot my NetBSD-current (i386) box
because I get the following error:

chase@orac>xterm
TRANS(SocketUNIXConnect) () can't connect: errno = 2

The X server (XFree86-3.1.2A) seems to simply be unwilling to accept
any new connections.  Any X client causes the same behavior, e.g.,

chase@orac>xclock
TRANS(SocketUNIXConnect) () can't connect: errno = 2

I have no trouble with my current windows running, only the ability
to create new windows is affected.

Any suggestions on what I have done wrong?

Thanks!

Craig

P.S. in case it was not obvious, the only workaround I know for the
problem is to reboot.  After a reboot the machine works great (for
about a week), and then the problem repeats.

--
Craig Chase --- Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering