Subject: GCC 2.6.3 install
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Squier <groo@menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/1995 21:56:25
I need to install GCC 2.6.3 for its enhanced (read: almost actually
working) implementation of templates.  After thinking about it for a
few seconds, it doesn't seem to me like there should be any problems
with a simultaneous install of GCC 2.6.3 and NetBSD's native 2.4.5 as
long as I keep the 2.6.3 prefix as /usr/local.

Are there any ``gotcha''s I should be aware of?  (I'd like to still be
able to compile 1.0 kernels, for example.)

Should I grab the source from the GPLed dir on ftp.netbsd.org or is an
out-of-the-box build kosher?

Thanks.

-wps