Subject: Multiple sound cards work (well, almost)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1995 19:35:10
I just got two soundblasters working on NetBSD-current/i386.  The only
thing I needed to do was edit "audio.h" to set NAUDIO to 2.  For some
reason, config set NAUDIO to 1 even though I had two soundblaster
lines in the conf file.

I assume this is because config knows that sb depends on audio, but
doesn't realize that NAUDIO must match the number of devices.  I'm
very unfamiliar with how config works, and I assume someone on this
list probably knows how to easily fix the problem.

In any case, I'm quite impressed that it worked once I fixed audio.h!
I successfully copied the input from one to the output of the other in
real time.

It would also be nice if MAKEDEV could create multiple /dev/audio
devices, although it's probably not common enough to be worth it.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science