Subject: None
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/1995 22:35:50
> I am trying to compile the may 6th "tar files" version of
> NetBSD-current and got this error.
>>> ===> rm
>>> cc -O   -c rm.c
>>> cc  -static -o rm rm.o
>>> rm.o: Undefined symbol `_undelete' referenced from text segment
>>> rm.o: Undefined symbol `_undelete' referenced from text segment

Never seen that myself...but it looks to me as though your libc is
badly out of date with respect to the rm sources.  Are you sure you
built *and installed* libc before trying to rebuild the rest of the
world?

> Also, should I be downloading new sources everyday?,

Depends on how current you want to stay. :-)  For me, trying to ride
the bleeding edge is more effort than it's worth.

> Are there binaries for NetBSD-current anywhere?

Yes.  Precisely where, and how current they are, depends on what
architecture(s) you're interested in; you probably should either poke
around on ftp.netbsd.org or else go ask on the list appropriate to the
port(s) you care about.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu