Subject: problem with 1.0-alpha man(1)
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1994 14:55:39
I just updated my netbsd to the latest SPARC binary snapshot, and I
find that man still has a problem it had before the update (and hence
it's probably long-standing).  Specifically, if I ask for a man page
that exists in more than one section (crontab, say, which exists in
both (1) and (5)), then I always get the same one, even if I explicitly
specify the other.  In this example, "man 5 crontab" still shows me
crontab(1), rather than crontab(5).

Rebuilding man from -current source of last time I supped it (a couple
of nights ago) didn't help.  I haven't touched any man.conf files since
unpacking the binary tarball.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu