Subject: Re: Curious about 4.4 integration status
To: Stephen J. Roznowski <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/1994 21:37:07

> I'm curious as to when it is estimated that the 4.4-lite integration
> is expected to be completed.
>
> Thanks,
> -SR

We have no estimate as we are a volunteer project subject to the
vagaries of our member's schedules, integration complexity, etc.

Our focus in integrating 4.4-lite has been to take care of the kernel
first and any user-space changes that are implied.  The second phase
will be a wholesale upgrade of user-space code not previously upgraded
during the first phase.

The kernel integration goes well so far, with much of the work done,
or nearly so.  Already we've done the networking code, vm (committed
today), filesystems (almost done), and most of the kernel
infrastructure.  Some changes are being phased in slowly, so the
port-owners can keep in sync.  Much of the complexity though in the
integration is evaluating and rolling-forward some of our own
fixes+features.  Don't assume 4.4-lite is bug free....

Anyway, we feel things are solidly on track, but I stated above, we
can't do estimates.

later,
Adam Glass