Subject: Re: Shared libraries and crypt
To: Shao Ai Wu <m-sw2360@happy.cs.nyu.edu>
From: Perry E. Metzger <pmetzger@lehman.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1994 17:56:31
Shao Ai Wu says:
> That translates into encourage people in the USA to break laws.
> There are many laws and regulations are "stupid", but one has
> to follow.  It is not a good idea for anybody to test the system
> because he/she thinks that law/regulation is "unjust".

Why not? Personally, I think there is no moral problem with breaking
unjust laws.

In any case

A) People would be stupid to break export controls unless they were
   willing to face the consequences.
B) This is not a political science discussion. Why don't we stick to
   discussing NetBSD-Current and leave the rest for talk.politics.crypto?

Perry