Subject: Playing with routes hangs kernel
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1994 01:12:26
I'm running with a kernel I built March 11th with sources from some
time last week.  I just recently got a ppp link temporarily to play
with.  To get things working properly, I've had to add and delete some
static routes while setting things up for ppp to work well.  It seems
that, without exception, if I add/delete too many static routes with
the route command, I will always eventually lock the machine up tight
(it always locks up right after I press return on a route command).  I
am not running routed, gated, or mrouted.  However, I do have option
GATEWAY configured into the kernel so I have the option of running
gated in the future.

The lockup always seems to come *immediately* after issuing a "route
delete something something".  The machine then requires a power cycle
(I have no hardware reset switch) to reboot.  Anyone willing to track
this one down?

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Unix for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.