Subject: Multicast patches.
To: None <current-users>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1993 21:48:16
I've finished putting the multicast stuff into the tree.  I haven't
tested it yet but will start doing that now.  I've tested it as
much as building a kernel with and without multicast turned on and
made sure it runs either way.

I suggest you rebuild anything that would in any way rely on
anything that relates to this. (vague enough for you?) :-)

Specifically telnet, ftp, rlogin, rcp, rrsh, telnetd, ftpd,
netstat, routed, etc.....

You will probably (as has been mentioned before) see the following:

"setsockopt (IP_TOS): Invalid Argument"

on your console from any binary that was built before these channges
but it will likely work anyways...

To enable multicast; put the following in your conf/MACHINE file:

options         MULTICAST,MROUTE

and rebuild.

These patches come from cmaeda@cs.washington.edu and are derived
from the Multicast patches for BSDI done by Steve Mccanne.

Herb.