Subject: Re: Xfree 2.0?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1993 13:41:54
Ok, I'll add myself to  the list of people who have X running :)
I'm running it with all libraries shared, all apps shared, and _no_ .sa
files. At first, it seemed that some applications (Seyon) had trouble
with libXt, but the latest ld & ld.so fixed this for me. I'll check
some more clients to make sure it works, but I've got no reason to assume
otherwise.

Files I changed were the odd Imake .tmpl and .rules file, x386.cf and
mit/lib/libXmu/Imakefile (to include -lXt), as far as I can remember.
And, oh yes, I had a little trouble with libXmu, because I create a libxxx_pic.a
library first, and then make that a .so.X.X file (as is done with the system
include makefiles), but somehow tsort got in to an endless loop, there is
a bug in tsort somewhere.

Frank